Eventually every roof will age and become faulty. The good news is technology is playing a big role in helping the life span of roofs today. There are many reasons why a roof will “wear out” including:
- Building Settling – Over time, a commercial building will expand, contract and settle which can effect the roofing system.
- Exposure – Environmental elements such as the sun, rain, freeze, storms can do damage and ultimately shorten the life of a roof.
- Biological Growth – Standing water can produce algae and other vegetation which can harm a commercial roof.
- Not Fixing Problems – Small problems can lead to bigger problems if not addressed.
- Ignoring Maintenance – This is typically the biggest mistakes people make when it comes to their roof. Regular checkups are important so that you get the most out of your commercial roof.
These are the most common reasons a roof can deteriorate over time.